It's (almost) Winter Break! More time to update till school starts again in Mid Jan 2011! - 12.3.2010

Tuesday, December 7, 2010

My Relationship with Food

I am in between due dates, wrapping up today's work and decided to pig out with my bf and Netflix. Feeling cerebral, so, I picked "Food, Inc." to go with our fries, sodas, big mac, and big-n-tasty. Yep! What a "bad" (but good) choice of movie... I really wish to eat less meat (again)... My wish to become a vegetarian is ON - again.


It has been VERY VERY difficult to go 100% vegetarian - and I am not up for that challenge. But, I have been doing pretty all right with cutting down my meat consumption. Meat just tastes... so good... I really need to learn some yummy vegetarian recipes and adapt a good cooking+eating habit. Not easy, coz 1.) I am STILL trying to fight my internet addiction which is realllly effecting my sleep (oh look at me! its 1am! n i m waking at 7am! i m still on BLOGGER!) 2.) lack of sleep makes me... dumb, unmotivated, n unfocused - pretty hard to kick a bad habit w/ this state of mind!

Regardless, my internet addiction/sleep shall be a whole different post.
On the topic of food...

I have noticed my emotional eating pattern. I do eat a lot more when I am stressed/feeling emo.
Luckily I still have a pretty fast metabolism. Though, It has slowed down in these past few days and I know it, because I have been rushing my deadlines/stress levels are high/quality of sleep suffered a little/eating and watering consumption pattern has changed too.

So yea, knowing that I eat my emo's (lol) I shall at least eat organic and keep nothing but organic products in my fridge... and tunnel vision on just organic food - ignoreeee other's "Bad" food. ignooooreeeeeee other's yummyyy heavily processed food!






And, yea, if you haven't already checked out Food, Inc. Give it a try. It is a very great documentary that can really put
the weight on your conscience next time you decide to have a chezeburger.

FARMERS MARKET AROUND ARCADIA


Tuesdays-Villa Parke Center

363 East Villa Street at Garfield Avenue Open Tuesdays, 8:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.

Wednesdays-Shoppers Lane

Del Mar Blvd and Shoppers Lane, Open Wednesdays, 3:30 p.m. to 7:00 p.m.

Friday - Old Town Monrovia

Saturdays-Victory Park

Sierra Madre Blvd at Paloma Street Open Saturdays,8:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.(Very close to the dog park!)

--------

Special Notice on:

South Lake Avenue Summer Market

Another couple evenings opportunity to get fresh and local from our farmers. Del Mar Blvd @ shoppers lane, behind Walgreens, Wednesdays 3:30 to 7:30 p.m., thru September. Fish, Breads and Cheeses are also on hand at South Lake along with our usual fruits, honey and flowers.

Fruits Galore

It's time for the lucious stonefruits to come into the market. Peaches, Nectarines, and cherries are abundant, and the Pluots are just coming in also. What better way to start the summer!

Our Farmers Market Chef Bree Ann Cassiday will be regularly at the market with samples and recipes with our produce at the market. Our recipes will be paperless on FaceBook, and also information on the Pasadena Slow Food group meetings.

Grass Fed Beef & Chicken Now Here

We've added the Best Ever Beef to our market, with Dey Dey's coming from the Lompoc area with their grass-fed beef for so many different cuts of beef and soon their hormone-free chicken, you'll be thrilled to shop with them every week. They also take credit cards for your purchases.

-------

To Check what veggie/fruits are in season:

http://www.pasadenafarmersmarket.org/pasadena_farmers_market_seasons.html


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails